Self-evidently, you sign your tax return under penalties of perjury. That means it should be accurate and complete. But in the real world, despite your best efforts and honesty, you may forget something or make an innocent-even if foolish-mistake. In such cases in order to make changes, make corrections, or add information to an income tax return that has already been accepted by the IRS, you must file a tax amendment or amend your accepted federal or state tax return.

Should you feel you need to amend your tax return for any of the reason, Shoonya tax is here to help you. Contact us to discuss further and to know if you are required to file amended return.